Friday, April 07, 2006

ABC Soup aka Luo Song Tang

This ABC Soup aka Luo Song Tang is different from the ABC Soup that I have been cooking at least once a week. This soup uses chicken breast meat instead of pork ribs. Other ingredients like tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper and sugar are seldom included in my regular ABC Soup.

Recipe is from Jingle's Blog. We like the taste of the tomatoes in this soup. Yum!



ABC Soup aka Luo Song Tang
4-5 servings

Ingredients:
2 potatoes, quartered
1 carrot, sliced
3 tomatoes, quartered
2 yellow onions, sliced
300g chicken breast meat, parboil in boiling water and cut into cubes

2000ml water

Seasoning:
1 tsp salt,
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp tomato sauce
dash of pepper


Method:

Put all ingredients into a stock pot and bring to a rolling boil.

Once boiling, lower the heat and cook for another 45 mins.

Finally stir in the seasoning and turn of the heat.

Serve hot.

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, 07 April, 2006, Blogger Little Corner of Mine said…

    Nice soup! My mom used to make this soup when I was little. I used to make it too but stop because hubby doesn't like to eat tomato and potato cook in this way.

    It will be too fattening for me if I have to eat all the potatoes, so I stop cooking this soup. :(

     
  • At Saturday, 08 April, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Tagged u on a meme. Check out my blog. :)

     
  • At Sunday, 09 April, 2006, Blogger Tazz said…

    Ching, you must have missed this soup very much. I just discovered this wonderful recipe and will be cooking regularly as my family likes it so much.

    Pus, done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
<< Index